Thursday, October 15, 2009

Getting closer...

to being in the 180's! I had a loss of 1.8lbs this week. I know it could have been better, but a loss none the less. I'm just one step closer to my goal...speaking of which, I don't technically have a goal set yet. I keep thinking I'll know I'm there when I get there. I do have mini goals set though. My next one being 189lbs. The 5k race is coming up, and I'm excited and scared at the same time! I am doing it with my mom, and I have no idea where she is at with her running. I really hope I can keep up with her, and that she doesn't hate running slow with me! We're going running together tomorrow, so I can gauge how it will go. At the gym this morning the lady was nagging me again about joining them. Saying statiscally I can't make it on my own and if I want to see results I need to join a gym. (I only go there to get weighed in for this 12 week challenge, not an actual member) I just wanted to scream at her! Can't she see my results and know that I can make it, I am making it work!!! Why would I want to go to the gym and run on a treadmill with tons of other sweaty people around me when I can run on the open road while pushing my kids in the stroller giving them fresh air?? It just doesn't make sense to me. I understand the gym has weights and machines there I could utilize, but clearly I am making due with what I have! Don't get me wrong, I have nothing wrong with people that go to a gym, it just isn't for me at this time in my life!!!

1 comment:

  1. Fight the power, Laura! Resist the gym! ;)
    It has a time and a place, and with babies, I am not sure it really works. It didn't work with me either. Gyms survive on guilting people into coming. I make due with workout DVD's at home. As lame as it sounds they kick my butt every time.
    You do what you've gotta do!

    ReplyDelete