Thursday, November 26, 2009

Winner...?

As of right now, I am winning the challenge. That would mean I will get $500! I am winning by a long shot (35lbs of fat lost, 2nd place lady lost 15lbs) But it isn't over yet, and there is a slight chance someone could catch up....

I had a loss of 4.4 lbs this week, which I'm very excited about. One question I have, is what my goal weight should be. First it was 180lbs, well I'm bellow that now, and still think I have a ways to go. I guess I'll know when I get there, or at least that's what I'm hoping...any suggestions?

This past Sunday my mom and I ran a 5k race. It was a really nice route through Bear Creek Park. Gorgeous place! It was raining pretty hard at some points, but I enjoy running in the rain. My time was 31:13, I hope to improve that at my next run!

3 comments:

  1. Laura, congrats on your race, your time is something I am working for!!! You look amazing.

    About weight loss I would suggest talking to your doctor about a healthy weight goal. Or I know someone that set a fitness and caloric amount they new they could maintian for life kept it at that. She eventually platued at a certain weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is awesome!! You should be so proud. And $500? Added bonus!

    I picked my goal weight because it was the top of the weight range for my height and I was that weight for about a minute my senior year in college so I knew it was possible. But now I think I could go maybe a little lower. We shall see. This is the tricky part - goal weights , sizes and maintanence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another race down! Way to go! That must just feel amazing. And I totally think you can win this challenge, too. Then its shopping time! What a way to reward yourself for all of this hard work.
    And I agree with the other ladies, too, that you should find some sort of professional something or other to tell you what would be a reasonable goal and most of all, a healthy one. There is no point trying to attain a weight that would be harmful for your body. And I think that they would help you set a great realistic goal, for your height/age/whatever.

    ReplyDelete